Friday, November 18, 2005

Lunch in Champagne

On Saturday when we were driving through Champagne, we stopped at this amazing place for lunch. It definitely beat the crappy place we went for dinner the night before (and I'm still writing the Pudlo to have them pull your star, you pathetic shams!!!).

Probably the only issue was that it was a three 'forker' in the Pudlo - which means it was a bit snooty. Suffice it to say that we would definitely have been underdressed if it was for dinner - but we snuck by with our khakis since it was lunch. I think there were five waiters serving us, and the food was obviously very good. However, after stopping at five champagne houses in the morning, I almost freaked when they offered another glass before lunch.

They also did a little better with the vegetarian thing (unlike those charlatans the night before who couldn't cook an eggplant even if they had a microwave - you're so losing your star, you HACKS !!!!)

Probably the only thing that bummed me out about the lunch was that I was done with dessert and coffee, and then they rolled out the cheese cart (more like a large carriage) to another table.

OK, I've gotten that out of my system.