Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Paddy loses the bet

Remember back in mid to late September when Sarah Palin was just announced as McCain's running mate, and Obama had dropped even with McCain in the polls? Democrats started to panic, 3 of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse had been seen, etc? Well, during this temporary moment of pandamonium, Paddy bet me at lunch that the Republicans would win.

Of course, I took that bet - and the wager was dinner at Ivory Tower for the winner. Since it's not in my nature to rub it in to anyone that I won and someone else lost, we decided that Paddy could just take Jamie and I out to Kirby's pizza one last time instead. Unfortunately, Mr. Kirby was actually adopting a child or something in South Africa, so we had to settle for the White Lady instead.

Nice time had by all.