Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Car in France

OK, this is a new experience - actually being able to drive in Europe. I think the last time I was living here, we rented a car to the north of France and to go to Nuremburg one weekend - that was it. It's kind of a pain to get used to all the one way streets, but the area's not that big to get lost in for long.

Right now the radio isn't working, which isn't so much an issue for me (who drove without one for 5 years), but I think I'd better figure out how to fix it or get a new car before Patty gets here. The only other issue is that the car is an Opal, which is kind of consider a working class car in Germany - in fact, there's a whole line of joke books on people who drive them. Surprisingly it's a really nice car, and even more surprising is that GM actually makes it.