Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sunday lunch at Phillipe's

If you couldn't already tell, I figured out how to download my photos from my SD chip to my Fascist Lilly computer (that basically doesn't let me change the wallpaper on my screen). Jim Weber and I had lunch on Sunday with Phillipe Faubert,his wife, and 1 year old daughter, Anna. It was also probably the last time we could sit outside until the Spring.

We also had the chance to try the infamous Mirabelle for the first time. It's a local liquor made from a certain type of plum that is not sold in stores - just made by a few people who have a license and consume it for their own use. Phillipe mentionned that his grandfather had a license to distill spirits for one day only for the year - he was basically grandfathered in from a German law. So the local area had one still that they would have on wheels and move from one house to the other.