Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Egypt: So who got sick?

Alas, travelling to a country in Africa is not without its potential pitfalls. We were warned about not drinking the water, so we took about 3 gallons of bottled water with us. Unfortunately vegetables and fruits are rinsed at some point (and then get eaten), so it's kind of hard to totally avoid the bugs than run amok through the country.

I don't think Joe ever blew chunks, and Patrick did only after he got home (so he thinks it could have been the tarte flambee from Monday in Strasbourg). The only problem that I had was the night before scuba diving, I had a real bad stomach, fever, and couldn't sleep. Needless to say I was about 10 minutes from cancelling (they don't really train how to breathe underwater AND vomit), but things kind of settled down eventually - and I survived. So if you look at the scuba video, you'll see me sleeping A LOT.