Thursday, February 07, 2008

Patrick's Place

As I panic to get ready for the move to Ireland, I am reminded of the 2' by 3' piece of real estate on top of Patrick's dresser that I do not mess with. (I know, 6 square feet is a lot in a 2000 sqft house).

For those of you who have never met me, I inherited the DNA sequencing for control freak from my mother, paternal grandmother, and Hillary Clinton - which has caused a bizarre multiplicative effect that prevents me from even allowing a piece of mail to stay on the dining room table after the sun sets (God help us if the sun has indeed already set that day - the stupid envelope should have known better).

So you can imagine the spiritual growth I have reached, when I don't mess with 'Patrick's Place'. No doubt there are bills buried in that heap that will never see the light of day, but I'm OK with that - as long as Patrick is happy - and said pile does not fall on the floor and infect the top of my dresser.