Sunday, May 04, 2008

Deasy's Restaurant

Found a cool new place to have Sunday lunch (photo from the table's window) - again, Ireland is not hurrting for views.

The place is called Deasy's and it's about 45 minutes from our apartment down the coast next door to Clonakilty.

Lovely little french woman doing a new set menu. I had sprouting broccoli (the next new vegetable for farmer's markets, if it hasn't happened already) with lentils and tomatoes for a starter. And then I had a red onion and Tallegio cheese tart with a grape and walnut relish. Lovely.

Patrick was still out of town in the US, so it was just Jamie and I. It's definitely a Patrick restaurant since they had squid, shark steak, and fresh monkfish.

One slight dig though - service was horrific. Like worse than Paris, France with a pissed off waiter. I think we were there 3 hours, which I normally don't complain about, but that's really long when you've already given up on having the coffee, digestif, and chocolates.

OK, I'm a snob.