Tuesday, January 10, 2006

RSS Feed

I just figured out a way to make my blog an RSS feed.

I know some of you are computer challenged (Dad), so I don't want to get into too much detail. Suffice it to say, if you are constantly checking this blog in order to see if I got around to updating it - there is an easier way.

The address for my RSS feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/WadesJournal.

So . . .

If you have Yahoo as your homepage, here's an easy way to add this blog just like it was a news feed from Reuters.

Step 1 - Click from your Yahoo! webpage 'Add Content'
Step 2 - Towards the right of 'Find Content', you'll see a link to 'Add RSS Feed'.
Step 3 - Click on 'Add RSS Feed' (patience people, lowest common denominator is my father)
Step 4 - Type in the URL 'http://feeds.feedburner.com/WadesJournal' (don't put in the quotes)
Step 5 - Click 'Add' (Again, have you met my father and seen him work on a computer?)
Step 6 - Go to your Yahoo! homepage (my.yahoo.com) and refresh the page.
Step 7 - If you did everything correctly, then you should see WadesWorld as a newsfeed (probably at the bottom of your homepage of all your newsgroups)
Step 8 - (Dad) Call Julie, international calls to France are too expensive.
Step 9 - You can move the new Wade World content to the top of your page by clicking on edit and selecting 'Move to top'
Step 10 - Play with the content settings - I would just show the last five articles whenever they were posted, since I usually don't post everyday.

If you have something else other than Yahoo! (I suppose it's possible), you can check their help site, since most of them now accept an RSS feed.