Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dining Room

Same story as with the living room. I had intended on a lot of the house before we left for France (it was tired), but I basically had to put it off for two years.

Sorry the colors aren't the best, but you get the idea - lots of red. In fact, it's the same red that we had in the living room before. Hate the ceiling color, which should have worked - but is just a nasty pink - bubblegum pink - or as Gaby likes to say, Mexican Pink. That's it - it's going - but not for awhile. Although my mother hasn't seen it, she's heard about it enough to know that it needs to go.

Best part of the room - the dining room table. The old one we had was falling apart - literally, and I've always wanted a large round dining room table. With the leaf in the middle, the table seats eight comfortably. Nothing on the walls really - working on an idea for that that could take some time.

I always tell myself that if I had not lived in this house for several years, I never would have made such a dark living room. But I know that we use it for dinner almost exclusively, so a dark, small room makes sense. The table is awesome - we've already had some dinner parties, and it's just really comfortable.