Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wine Inventory

I know this is disturbing.

Returning back I realized that I had a lot of wine in the basement that needed to be drunk (forget about the stuff we brought back from France). I figured I had 100 bottles in the basement before France, and I added another 100 bottles. So here's just a pre-organization picture.

I decided in order to help drink the stuff that has peaked, I should do some sort of inventory system. After talking to a few wine people and searching on the Internet, I decided on manageyourcellar.com. Unlike other sites that only have about 10% of the wines in their inventory that you actually have, this site allows you to search through a huge inventory and then add a wine for everyone if it's not found. In the spirit of Web 2.0 (aka wikipedia) in ends up making a huge wine inventory. Oh, and the best reason . . . it's free.

So after spending an afternoon entering all the wine info, I now have all my wine cataloged (even added bin locations, so I can find the wines later). You can also share you cellar with other friends just to see what they're drinking. Kind of cool.