Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Eve dinner was also kind of fun. Since I was cooking the capon on Christmas day, Andrea and Tim did the cheese fondue recipe (compliments of Laurence), and then Jill and Chris did a chocolate fondue for dessert.

We decided not to tell any of our Swiss friends that we actually melt your chocolate, so that we can dip chunks of pound cake in it - but what they won't know . . .

I've also found this cool new way to serve salad. Too bad I don't have a picture of the one Joe made for Christmas Eve dinner - but basically it was a huge platter of salad with various vegetables. I think the important trick it to par boil some of the rawer vegetables (e.g. green beans and carrots) and to also dress each individual vegetable with a little dressing. That way peoplecould choose exactly what they wanted - even Patrick 'I don't eat salad' Cobb actually had some of it. Shocking.