Thursday, December 29, 2005

Recovery in a Swiss Spa

OK, there were a couple of bumps and brusies - I mean snow can be soft and powdery (especially with loads of padding), but if you fall hard, you're still going to feel it. With the exception of my last spill, I would have to say my biggest aches and pains came from just skiing down a mountain and using parts of my body that really aren't used while sitting at a computer. By the third day I was a bit sore, so we ended up going to a Swiss spa close to town. I actually forget the name of it, but I think it was one of the spas recommended in the NYTimes that Mom sent me the article on. Although the massage was nice (and relatively cheap by Swiss standards), I would have to give it a B+ on relaxing, but a D on therapeutic - the woman just couldn't get mean enough to make it hurt. I'm wondering if I just chose the wrong massage and needed something else.

I think if we end up going back to Chatal, then we would most likely take a day off and go to the baths there, which are very similar to the ones that we go to in Baden-Baden.