Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Patrick sees Barack

You know I've never really done the politics posting thing (I'll leave that to Drudge and Huffington), but since the polls and pundits are everywhere right now - I have to put in my two cents worth . . .

My personal opinion before this election was that it's easy to figure out who is going to win a close Presidential election, and you don't have to stay up all night waiting for the returns for southeastern Ohio or Dade County Florida to come in . . . just see how badly the Republican candidate won Indiana. Since Indiana is called 3 nanoseconds after the polls close, you got to go to bed early on election night if you follow this simple rule:

If the GOP wins by over 56%, then they're going to win the whole thing - see Reagan, Bush I, Bush II. If the GOP wins by less than 56%, then the Democrat is going to win - see Carter, Clinton. So even though there are a lot of wild cards on the table and every election is different - here's the critical factor - both candidates are campaigning in Indiana. Dude, they don't even bother to fly over Indiana airspace to get from Ohio to Illinois in prior elections.

So due to the rare instance of Indiana again being part of the Presidential election for the first time in 100 years (again, don't forget about the primaries), Patrick took off work and headed down to the State Fair grounds to see Barack baby. Unfortunately, I had too much going on that day, which I knew I was going to regret not canceling - but Patrick said that he was amazing. It was just after the second debate, and Patrick said he just energized the crowd. And I'll leave it at that.