Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wales: Getting There

I know that I said I would never fly Ryanair again, but I've come to peace with them - basically you don't want to do anything more than a one stop flight. If (and they do) end up running late, then you're basically screwed - and all the savings you made on the ticket is wasted.

But backing up a bit - I left Indianapolis around 3PM Eastern Standard time, fly to Chicago, fly to Dublin, fly to Cork, and after a quick nap (thanks again Donal and Ellen for picking me up), I flew Ryanair to Liverpool.

By this time I had been traveling for about 30 hours, so I decided to spend the night in Liverpool before doing the 2 hour drive down to Dolgellau, Wales. Good thing I did, because like Ireland - Wales doesn't have a straight road in the entire country.