Thursday, December 14, 2006

Goodbye: Bruno Mercier

Bruno Mercier, who was basically Gaby's bitch for a year, is my fellow vegetarian cohort. Yes, it was a bit more militant on the organic whole food "everyone will die prematurely of diabetes" thing than I was (I still am known to enjoy a refined white flour processed food or two), he actually personally represented a goal that I would wish to someday obtain. In other words Patrick, I might go whole food vegan for just some fun. And he was the only understood me when the cafeteria's menu was the choice of baby cow head or snail pizza with a frog leg appetizer.

As far as work, Bruno had the unenviable task (along with Holger and Emmanuelle) of having to support a design that was decided before his first child was born, and all he could basically say was "Go talk to the crazy Mexican woman who's out smoking". His knowledge of QM or WM was probably not used to its fullest, but he was invaluable in a bridge (or Maginot Line) between Gaby and QC. I mean, let's be honest, without Bruno, Gaby would have taken down Building 100 with her four inch pumps two weeks after arrival. (Wow, I'm going to get in so much trouble with Gaby, it's not even funny.)