Thursday, December 14, 2006

Goodbye: Lucia Nogueda

There is so much to say about Lucia, but the most important is that if you ever have a chance to meet her, you must. Where I was exhausted when my niece visited for two weeks, she had hers for months. She has the patience of Job (the biblical one), and a profound intelligence that puts people simply at ease.

As I reviewed pictures for the composite I was reminded of so many stories, but I think I will remember most the 2 hour bike ride with Patrick into work in the pouring rain, and when we rode home one night in about the same time. Unforgettable of course would be the (pre)wedding in Italy. Not only were Patrick and I honored to attend, I still remember the meal as perhaps the best I have ever had.

I regret that you will be leaving us and staying in Germany, but I figure one of us has to fly across the pond at some point.