Thursday, December 14, 2006

Goodbye: Mindy Beigle

Sorry I was going to do a composite thing, but none of the pictures I had were nearly as good as this one.

This picture is actually like the Mona Lisa - you know, you can't tell if the Mona Lisa is smiling or frowning, or whether or not her hands are actually hers with bad genes or Leonardo's. Same thing with this pic, which sometimes says to me "I'm a cheerleader, and I just got my teeth whitened . . . again" or "Oh my God, I can't believe Wade talked me into having Patrick's birthday party at my house with 100 of his closest friends".

Anyway, really glad that we all could run around Europe together - too bad you had to leave earlier and not have as much time with us. I'll remember the trips to Baden-Baden and Champagne, intercepting you on your walk from work to home, and just general nutiness.

But I will certainly remember most your sheer determination. I must admit it was kind of frightening the first time that I saw you make up your mind on something and then beat it into the ground until it screamed in agony, but once I got passed that I understood you a little better. That "Can't eat an apple, it's loaded with sugar" diet was whack, but you knew that's what you had to do and you stayed with it FOREVER. Well, except for the tarte flambee binge that you planned on your birthday three months in advance, but that just further illustrates my point.