Thursday, December 14, 2006

Goodbye: Tim Whittaker

What a little freak.

If there was ever a person best suited for spending years in a foreign country, while his spouse worked, Tim would be it. I think he basically has every single product item from REI. Question: the four fishing poles you took over to Geneva, were they used?

Tim did teach me an important lesson that there are so many things still left to do in the World (snowboarding is probably not one of them), and you can still concentrate on just a handful if you want. I know if I ever find myself bored with life, I need only give him a buzz and he'll give me three ideas. By the way, I had a few minutes earlier today and found mail-order Finnish saunas. Sorry...back to him...

So besides the bike pedals that shaved off another 150 grams of weight from your road bike, I will naturally remember the trips to Bordeaux, Champagne, Paris, Luxembourg, and god knows where else. The custom shirts are an unforgettable - as well as the trips to the Chalet and, of course, Team America . . . uncut. But most importantly, I will remember that your life is really going to suck when you get back to the States.