Thursday, December 14, 2006

Goodbye: Jill Hagan

Now with the offices empty, I am reminded on how used I got to seeing Jill every morning. And if there is one thing that reminds me all the Americans have gone home - is that Jill's desk is completely empty.

Professionally, I will always remember Jill as the Saint (or Sainte), since she had to put up with Faubert and Fegersheim's "planning" all those long months. Yes, I had to tell Faubert off several times, but Jill actually had to make eye contact with him and engage him in conversation. Anyway, I wish I will be as methodical and even when I grow up.

Personally I will remember the trips to Baden-Baden, the Wine Route, and various places along the way. But more importantly I will remember her competitive side (I still won the Phrase of the Day) - oops, sorry - and her humor that wonderfully appeared after we knew each other.